English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Hero Fighter X Unofficial Change Log
I decided to look into the game with my knowledge of HF. A lot has changed; can't say I'm the biggest fan of touch controls. Overall, it's a lot more streamlined. This started from just a few hours' worth of play of digging into; some of it you already know. I hope for this to become a community effort. 
Anyway, here's your change log from what we can find in lieu of Marti's official updates. Feel free to report anything I might have wrong or post what I failed to put in here.

Jun-27-15:  MP costs for 4-star and 5-star heroes from 0.6 and 0.7 would be appreciated. I would like to see if their costs have been adjusted from the PC version.
Jun-29-15: Leo's data has been covered.

2016: Miscellaneous. Added notes I forgot I had on Livermore. He's been buffed like crazy with only slight nerfs.

[spoiler="Update Log"]
2015.05.06 - release version X

New Characters: 'Saws', 'Yaga', 'Azrael'
Unlock Characters: 'Leo', 'Swordsman Eason', 'Eason', 'Iczzy', 'Heater', 'Raye', 'Livermore'
New Modes: 'Duel', 'Team Battle', 'Mission', 'Tournament', 'Training'
New Feature: Instant Special Input (ISI) allow players to use specials moves at any given moment, including "command normals" such as Jenny's Wind Blade. The traditional input method has been removed.
Tuning: The ability to input special moves is gone; however, players can still press attack to extend repeatable moves.

New Feature: Cards allow you to power up your character
Tuning: Level cap removed. A limit is only placed for free players in which they need gems to remove it (Thanks for debunking my previous guess Relvamon)
Tuning: Experience only gained if you complete a game.
Tuning: Level System Normalized
- Heroes now have ~500 HP and 500 MP.
- Strength is removed; damage modification is based purely on level difference
- Heroes no longer gain any stats from leveling up
Tuning: Balance Changes
- Undo 0.5a Stamina adjustments: Stamina depletion and regeneration is same between characters
- All 5-star heroes start with 750 health
- Rolling costs stamina and only needs to be pressed once from a run
- Lucas's Uppercut reverted to 60% (300 MP)
- Drew's attacks slowed slightly
- S. Eason Fierce Slashes have a proper MP cost (150 MP)
- S. Eason given a unique combo: An altered second swing and a finishing power slam similar to Gordon
- Leo's Sword Rush cost lowered 10% (175 MP-125 MP) (Thanks MangaD!)
- The third hit of Leo's Sword Rush has an extreme amount of push
- Taylor's Shield MP cost increased 5% (25% MP)
- Taylor's clones cost 10 HP alongside its MP cost.
- Taylor's lasers have lower priority.
- Taylor's and Vivian's Heal grants them unlimited MP for 5 seconds if above 50% health.
- Vivian's Double Slash lowered from 20%
to 12% (~60 MP)
- Vivian's Air Strike lowered from 30% to 20% MP (100 MP) (YES!!!)
- Livermore's Homing Blasts lowered to 15% from 9% (30 MP)
- Livermore's Big Bang has a 2.5% HP penalty added (12.5 HP)
- Livermore's Demonic Beam costs 25% from 35% MP with 1.5% HP penalty (125 MP, 6.5 HP)
- Livermore's Whirlwind Kick costs 20% from 30% (50 MP)
- Characters can change direction during the startup of projectile special moves (Thanks MangaD)
Grab Mechanics reverted to pre-0.6 I need verification on this. You could walk up to a guardbroken character while standing and still grab them. I grabbed a teammate on accident in Team Battle so I ask for further testing from the community.
New Feature: Sorrow- When character is downed in a fight, a random ally associated with the character (from story) will get infinite MP for 20 seconds
New Feature: If two of the same character is present, the second character has a different outfit.
Tuning: Air mechanics are altered:
- Pressing back back will make you dash the other way and not do a backflip or even a backdash.
- Pressing the jump button has a priority order for dashing: jump, dash, skyroll, dash; jump, backdash, backflip, backdash
- Skyrolls can only be done AFTER you do a dash; pressing a direction twice does a dash from jumping.
- Cannot do any movement option if you don't have the SP anymore.
- Dashing multiple times seems to be a thing as well. (Thanks MangaD)
Adjustment: Giant Objects don't seem to be present
Tuning: Ride(e)s perform an animation when stopping from a run, thus turning around is slower
Tuning: Grabbing on a ride is done by pressing Defend, Attack instead of Up, Down, Attack (Thanks Leo Gautama)
Tuning: Make the game simpler and challenging by making:
-
AI cannot destroy boss Heroes in Story, Mission, Training; player must do so
-
Potions regenerate health a little alongside healing
- Ride(e)s are mounted by walking up to them. The same is done to pick up items (Thanks Hellblazer)

Battle Mode Improvements:
- Everyone starts with the same amount of lives and having a preset army.
- The main Hero starts on a ride(e).
- Battle map slightly condensed
- Negative money along with money penalties are also removed.
- Troops can automatically be purchased
- Killing soldiers as a team will accumulate and buff your army by 20%. Bonus lives come after 6 bonuses (NEEDS VERIFICATION) Turns out bonus lives works exactly the same as before.
- Soldiers do not refill themselves, but have to be bought again when expended.
- The ability to split an army is present. You cannot decide which half you command, so give your whole army the command you want before splitting them.
- Opponents utilize underhanded tricks to prevent easy victories (barricades, reinforcements, etc.)
- Recovery period after losing lives shortened to 20 seconds. You do not lose money either
- Destroying a base steals the team's money. Your base does not become improved anymore.
- Quitting out Battle mode counts as a LOSS (the only mode that does this)
- Correct some typos and grammatical errors of some old scripts. (Thanks MangaD!)
- Removed story languages besides English and Chinese. (Thanks MangaD!)

Oversights/bugs:
  • Characters cannot use ISI MP-less moves for situations pressing attack would do said move.

I'll be updating this as often as I can. Again, you can report what I might have wrong or have not found.
[/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread
Hero Fighter X Unofficial Change Log - by Dragon5 - 05-06-2015, 11:05 PM