English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rejected] Shouldnt the thanks button be the like button?
Ah, rocket science, my favorite! In short, the thanks-button is meant for thanking. Shocking, I know!

In all seriousness, this is a forum, not Facebook. You don't need to like every post, though you certainly can! It just makes you seem like a total doof, and your thanks aren't taken seriously anymore.
In other words, you thank someone if their post contains something thank-worthy. Examples include, but are not limited to: An opinion you agree with and have nothing to add to, constructive criticism about your work, an useful post in general, a witty and/or funny quote (some people use it for that), or a post otherwise warranting a thank. I'm just saying this isn't a competition for attention or thanks/likes/whatever. Unlike Facebook and other social networks seem to be.

So if thanks-button wasn't intended as like-button, why is it there in the first place? Simply to reduce spam like "thanks!" or "I agree!" - please use it like that.

Just my 2 cents. Became kind of ranty, but the point is still somewhere to be found :p
The following 1 user says Thank You to Jernemies for this post:
  • MangaD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shouldnt the thanks button be the like button? - by Jernemies - 21-10-2014, 04:58 PM