English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
D5's HF Mechanics Guide
Starting off simple, I'm just gonna have a couple of spoilers that detail the inner workings of the game to the best of my knowledge. Expect it to be done as time passes. Pictures to complement them will be inserted later. You can also see my personal thoughts and insight at the end of each section.

Guard System (WIP) (Click to View)
MP Mechanics/Regeneration (Click to View)
Damage Scaling (WIP) (Click to View)
Stamina Findings (Click to View)
Normalized Discussion (Click to View)
Special Thanks:
MangaD- Getting me off my lazy, busy a** and work to finally unravel the complications behind HF and finish HFE.
A special friend- Has covered a few things inside HF that has proved useful for this. 

Have a question not covered? Ask, and I'll reply to the best of my ability.
The following 5 users say Thank You to Dragon5 for this post:
  • Ralph1995, A-MAN, Pete P., BlazingGale, MangaD
I have a question. Does the strength amount effects the amount of damage that is given by special attacks that are not melee attacks? for example: Taylor's Lazer Beam or shield? Or Eason's energy blasts?
There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good.
(08-10-2014, 10:32 PM)Dragon5 Wrote: Honestly though, Marti should have never added in the drastic modifier between uneven levels as that is what ruined story mode.

In my humble opinion, the whole level system is uncalled for. LF2 works great without it, so I don't see why HF wouldn't. It not only ruins story mode as it also ruins network mode. Newcomers will quit rage if they join a room with high leveled players, why? Because they'll be powerless against them. And then they either spam troops (they don't know what normalize level does) or simply quit the game.

The level system could keep players stick to the game for a while (in order to level up), but this will only be temporary. What could really really keep players stick to the game would be the ability to modify it (at least to a certain extent), such as the ability to customize story and characters.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
The following 1 user says Thank You to MangaD for this post:
  • BlazingGale
(09-10-2014, 07:48 AM)Denis Gruzmark Wrote: I have a question. Does the strength amount effects the amount of damage that is given by special attacks that are not melee attacks? for example: Taylor's Lazer Beam or shield? Or Eason's energy blasts?
Of course. All attacks done by the character undergo the same multiplier; projectiles are no exception.  I don't know how Taylor's clones work, but it should be safe to assume they have the same strength as Taylor.

(09-10-2014, 12:17 PM)MangaD Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 10:32 PM)Dragon5 Wrote: Honestly though, Marti should have never added in the drastic modifier between uneven levels as that is what ruined story mode.

In my humble opinion, the whole level system is uncalled for. LF2 works great without it, so I don't see why HF wouldn't. It not only ruins story mode as it also ruins network mode. Newcomers will quit rage if they join a room with high leveled players, why? Because they'll be powerless against them. And then they either spam troops (they don't know what normalize level does) or simply quit the game.

The level system could keep players stick to the game for a while (in order to level up), but this will only be temporary. What could really really keep players stick to the game would be the ability to modify it (at least to a certain extent), such as the ability to customize story and characters.

I think it had some potential, but Marti executed it poorly. Look at how character have more MP than what is shown. Combine that with the ability to easily overpower opponents a lower level and you have a slow-paced game that relies on grinding to eventually get something that becomes too good. If Marti just made everything do what it said instead of having hidden mechanics Travis and I had to dig out the level system would have been weaker, but more balanced.

Update: Gifs added to strength section. Will work on a draft for guarding tomorrow.
Update: Some information on Damage Scaling is added. It is NOT finished, however. Pictures will not be added in this one
Edit: Nobody told me that I had a wrong link for Gordon in his damage comparison. *sigh* Fixed.
Alright. It has been YEARS since I've seen this post and I've become a much better player now [I'd even go as far to say that I am one of the best in the European community and can beat most Chinese players] , so because I couldn't find any better combos or how to improve my execution other than practice I've turned to finding damage values and trying to figure out the mechanics of the game. I completely forgot about this thread for some reason [I've even commented on it before]. So this post is of GREAT help to me.

I know you probably won't see this comment because you probably don't follow HFE anymore, but I'd like to sincerely thank you for this and for the time you've put into finding out these mechanics.

I salute you sir with the utmost respect!
There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good.